Opening to Visitor’s
In line with the latest Government announcement that visits will be allowed indoors in care homes, from the
23rd March each resident will be allowed one designated visitor.
We are delighted with this decision as we know how hard Lockdown and the Covid restrictions have been for our residents and relatives. To allow us to invite visitors into the homes safely, we have given careful consideration as to how we implement the visits in practice and have set out the following procedures, to ensure visits run as smoothly and as safely as possible.
What you will expect to see in our homes:
- We will continue to ask that you book your visit in advance. Visits will be every hour to allow us to sanitise in between visits, with a maximum visiting time of 30 minutes.
- Only one visitor at a time is permitted in the home at any time. This is so our staff can carry out lateral flow tests and to guide visits into the home safely.
- Upon arrival, each visitor will be asked to wear full PPE that we will provide.
- Each visitor will carry out a Lateral Flow Test in the reception area where you will wait 30 minutes for the result to come back. You will also receive written guidelines upon arrival in reception which we will ask you to read and sign whilst you wait for the test results.
- Visits will take place in the Family Room or Garden Room unless a resident is permitted to stay in their room for health reasons. In this case, our Home Manager will liaise with you.
- During this time, we will ask you to abide by the Government’s policy of allowing hand holding but not hugging.
- Garden Room visits will be suspended for the first two weeks from the 23rd March, as our team and residents need time to adjust to and facilitate the new logistics. This will be reviewed and Garden room visits will re-start as soon as we are able to.
- Where a resident has capacity, we will ask them to choose which one person they want to visit them. In a case where a resident is unable to choose, please liaise with our Home Manager and they will help advise on next steps.
Our vigilance against the virus remains our priority and we are committed to upholding our measures, whilst closely monitoring all residents and staff for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your commitment, patience and understanding during this pandemic.
– Book a visit –
To arrange a visit, please call our reception team on 01536 480555.
For prospective residents, we can offer virtual tours and in some of our homes, a show around tour of the building. Please get in touch with our team and our Home Admissions Advisor will help guide you.
Click here to book your visit or call the home to book one of the time slots available with our receptionist.