Keeping You and Your Loved Ones’ Safe
Here at Oakdale Care Group, the health, safety and well-being of our residents, visitors and staff are at the heart of what we do and is of paramount importance to us. Despite the Covid-19 infection rate increasing across the UK, our fabulous staff are doing an excellent job every day, to keep our team and residents safe during these times. We are working closely with our local health partners and authorities and have clear policies and procedures in place to do this safely, and most importantly a highly competent, well-trained and well-supported care team.
Our staff work tirelessly to keep residents engaged, ensuring they do the things they love. This includes introducing new ways of keeping residents connected with each other and family members to reduce the risk of social isolation.
**Please be aware that visits to our homes are temporarily on hold. If you would like to arrange a call with your loved one, please call the home directly to schedule a time with our reception teams**
Thank you for your commitment, patience and understanding.
Sending our best wishes, Oakdale Care Group Team
In line with Government and Public Health England guidance and the latest information on social distancing, we have implemented robust measures to ensure the safety of everyone that lives and works in our homes.
What you will expect to see in our homes:
- Daily Lateral Flow testing and temperature checks for residents and staff
- Daily temperature checking for guests and visitors
- Wearing of PPE including face masks and gloves
- Social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning measures
- Sanitising stations at every home entrance for guests and visitors
- Hand sanitiser available always throughout every home
- Fully sterilised rooms in between visits by cleaning down all surfaces and touch points
How we are keeping you safe:
To ensure our residents and staff remain happy and safe, we will be following strict protocols for visitors so please note the safety and social distancing measures we have adopted:
- Specially adapted garden rooms or in our garden gazebos (weather and visitation permitting), for you to visit your loved ones’, with full floor to ceiling Perspex partitions
- Bookable FaceTime or Zoom calls on our home iPads for regular video calls
- Visitation is limited to 2 people per visit (when permitted)
- In between visits we fully sterilise the room by cleaning down all surfaces and touch points
- All visitors must confirm neither they nor any other person in their household has experienced symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, loss or change to sense of smell and taste, new/ continuous cough)
- All visitors must agree to a temperature check on entry and wear the necessary PPE (medical standard) provided to them by the home. We respectfully ask visitors not to bring their own PPE to the home
- All visitors are required to observe social distancing guidelines and to remain in the safe space as directed by our team
– Booking a visit –
Although we are temporarily unable to accommodate visits within the homes, we can accommodate telephone calls, Zoom calls and FaceTime appointments. To arrange a time, please call the home directly and book with our receptionist.
For prospective residents, we can offer virtual tours and in some of our homes, a show around tour of the building.
Our vigilance against the virus remains our priority and are committed to upholding our measures and closely monitor all residents and staff for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your commitment, patience and understanding during this pandemic.
Allocated time slots ensure we can make it fair for all families to visit their loved ones each week
Click here to book your visit or